Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] make target name given on commandline accessible to nse scripts

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:13:21 -0800

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 05:55:34PM -0200, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:

Sven Klemm wrote:
| I've attached a patch that keeps the name given on the commandline for
| named hosts and makes it available to nse scripts as targetname in the
| host table. This is extremely useful for protocols with virtual host
| support.

Hey, Fyodor, don't you think this is great for the SMTP_open_relay nse script?

Sure!  Now that it is incorporated into Nmap, maybe you can update the
script?  It is also really useful for HTTP tests against virtual
hosted machines, so I'm glad Sven updated the HTTP library to use this
feature.

Cheers,
-F