Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Issues with loading script module dll?

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:46:03 -0600

Kris Katterjohn wrote:
mike wrote:
Hey guys,  not sure what to make of this so i decided to dump the
debug output of a basic scan of google.com. the part i am a bit lost
on is towards the bottom. as you can see, it is not loading a main dll
for the scripts to run (bit.dll). have a look at what i posted and
maybe you can tell me what i did wrong, or if it is just an nmap bug.

I'm not completely familiar with the inner workings of NSE wrt modules
and libraries, but I know some things were fixed in later versions
regarding the bit library.  Could you try out v4.53 from
http://nmap.org/download.html let us know how it goes?

Hey everyone,

I've been talking with Mike off the list and he's used 4.53 on Windows
and getting the same results as with SOC6: the same 14001 error message
that has occurred before[1][2].

LUA INTERPRETER in ..\nse_init.cc:740: error loading module 'bit' from
file 'C:\tools\nselib-bin/bit.dll':        system error 14001

His command:

nmap -sV -n -v -P0 -p 80,90 google.com --max-retries 1 -d9 -sC

I didn't find a solution in the archives, so has any progress been made
with this problem?  Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q4/0053.html
[2] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q4/0058.html (a little more info)