Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New Years Day Release: Nmap 4.52

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:51:28 -0600

On Jan 3, 2008 3:08 PM, Ron <> wrote:
That's no fun! It's not that I really WANT to run 9x, I just like having
a handy VMWare image for each Windows version, just in case something
comes up.

There's no way I'm going to buy it for that, though.

I have a Windows 98 CD from an old MSDN subscription but no Windows
Me.  A friend of mine tried to use Me and his nightmares made me
decide against it.  If there is any need for Windows 98SE signatures,
I can easily load it into VMware and smack it around a bit.

I am having much less luck with BeOS in VMware though.  The act of
scanning it locks it up completely.  That goes for both the official
BeOS 5 Pro and for the PE-based BeOS Max.  If anyone knows any VMware
tricks (or BeOS tricks) to keep it from dying, please share.

--
NOTICE:  Reading this email message requires root privileges which you
do not appear to possess. Sorry, dude.