Nmap Development mailing list archives

zenmap error

From: Aaron Leininger <rilian4 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:02:12 -0800

Hey all,
I compiled nmap 4.53 and zenmap from the tarball on SuSe 10.2. I got no errors during the ./configure, make, make
install process and nmap from the command prompt is fine and dandy. zenmap, when I run it gives me the following error:

user@machine:~>zenmap
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 59, in excepthook
    import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 150, in
    app.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 96, in run
    self.__run_gui()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 100, in __run_gui
    import gtk

I have python 2.5.1 installed and python gtk and python gtk dev are installed as well. I've searched google for help
but have not been successful to date. I've run several simple python scripts of my own just fine so I know python
works.

If this is the wrong list for this question, please point me to the right one.
Thanks to all of you for a great product. I've run nmap for both linux and windows for several years and thoroughly
enjoy it. I got zenmap running on windows recently and it's also very well done. Thanks in advance for any help you
might be able to provide.

Aaron