Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft SQL Server fingerprints for SQL 2000 and 2005

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:07:15 -0800

Hi Tom!

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 06:54:02PM -0600 or thereabouts, Tom Sellers wrote:
Based on the feedback from Doug and Fyodor I have generated a
probe/match set for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005.

Thanks a lot for this probe. It looks good and I just checked it
into SVN with the following minor changes:

* Moved version numbers into the v// field
* Commented out the "catch all" match line so that we will hopefully
  see fingerprints for new MSSQL versions as they come out and then
  can report their versions more specifically
* Added a rarity value of 8 because I don't think this service
  is common enough to be scanned against all ports (hopefully
  this isn't my unix bias showing through)

This should complement Thomas's MSSQLm.nse script nicely.

Thanks for helping!

Doug