Nmap Development mailing list archives

Reorder BIND matches in nmap-service-probes?

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 00:39:23 -0600

Hi nmap-dev!

I have a question about the order of the BIND matches in
nmap-service-probes.  At line 5040, this comment is made by the rules
for matching "Fake versions" (with i// and without v//):

"This fallback is because many people customize their BIND version to
avoid revealing specific version information. This rule should always be
below the detailed rules above."

However, what appears to be (to me) other detailed rules are below this,
starting at line 5052 (especially line 5054).  They match BIND versions
with v//.  Should these be moved above the fallback matches?

I hope it's not too much trouble just posting the line numbers, but I
think the rules are too long to post in here.  Obviously these line
numbers are from the latest SVN.

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn