Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NPPTools.dll missing error in Vista

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:44:56 -0800

I haven't checked the nsis documentation, but compatibility mode in general has nothing to do with the
requestExecutionLevel attribute that you set in the manifest of an executable. That attribute has to do with UAC, and
basically forces windows to pop-up the dialog asking you to allow elevated privileges for the execution of a binary
when UAC is enabled.

Have a nice day
GV

PS. I wish i could replicate the winpcap installer problem, and try this nsis setting :-(