Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: clamd versus clam in nmap-service-probes

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:38:35 -0800

Hi Lionel!

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 11:01:06AM +0100 or thereabouts, Lionel Cons wrote:
For a given product, for instance Clam AV, what should be the service
name? clam (short) or clamd (for Clam Daemon)?

That is a good point. I have checked in a change to a few of the
services you mentioned that removes the trailing "d" when it doesn't
seem appropriate. "clamd" is now "clam", for instance. However, I
don't necessarily agree that ALL the ds should be removed. Sometimes
I think it helps clarify exactly what service is being used.
For example, I prefer "gpsd" over "gps".

Thanks for the suggestion!

Doug