Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: possible bug

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:34:02 -0000

What version of Windows are you using? XP? That file is part of WinPcap (and
is required for older versions of Windows, Vista does not need it [although
it does need another file instead]), which the nmap setup file should offer
to install for you (did you uncheck the box for WinPcap during setup?). It
sounds to me like you don't have WinPcap (or a new enough version?)
installed. You can also install WinPcap 4.0.2 separately from
http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm (537KB setup file) if you don't
fancy running the nmap setup file again.

Rob