Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: A successful compile in win32

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:32:01 +0100

Hi TF,

It was a struggle at first because I'd never used cygwin before trying
to compile nmap!  I would recommend that you checkout the latest source
from the svn repository:
svn co --username guest --password "" svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap/

and then install the UMIT dependencies as described in
mswin32/buildguide.txt.  If you install these in their default locations
then you shouldn't need to make any changes to anything in order to
achieve a successful compile.  (Having said that, I had to prepend
"/cygdrive" to the paths MAKENSIS and VCEXPRESS in mswin32/Makefile)

Then it's just a case of firing-up a cygwin bash prompt and cd to the
mswin32 directory (which for me = cd ../../cygdrive/c/nmap/mswin32
because I've got cygwin installed in C: and the nmap source is in C:\nmap)
type "make" and bob's your mother's brother.

Now if you can get that to work, then you can be confident that your
environment is sound and you can try again with your 4.20 custom
source.  If not, then you can at least know that it's your environment
that needs sorting out.

I hope that helps.  I'm by no means an expert, but if I can help more,
let me know.
And I hope you don't mind me cc'ing this to the list - there may be
others needing help.

jah

The Finn wrote:
I'd love to know how u compiled it under windows so fast ... :(

TF

On 10/11/07, *jah* <jah () zadkiel plus com