Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Latest Nmap = Segmentation fault

From: Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () univie ac at>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:08:23 +0100

On Dec 4, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Lionel Cons wrote:

id          = "test"
description = "test description"
author      = "test author"
categories  = { "discovery", "safe" }
<snip>

      nmap.set_port_version(host, port, "hardmatched")

I agree with you that nmap shouldn't crash on bogus scrips. The
problem you are having is that you are trying to set the service
version on a port when you aren't actually performing a version scan.
NSE usually handles this by excluding scripts of the category
"version" if -sV is not specified. Otherwise the behavior is
unpredictable. I thought that this factoid had made it into the docs
but I seem to be mistaken. I will put this on my NSE-fixing TODO list
for what it's worth :)

cheers,
Diman