Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap 4.23RC2 released

From: "Thomas Buchanan" <TBuchanan () thecompassgrp net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:44:59 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org
[mailto:nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org] On Behalf Of Fyodor
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 11:31 PM
To: nmap-dev () insecure org
Subject: Nmap 4.23RC2 released

Hi everyone!  I'm pleased to release Nmap 4.23RC2 with all of our
changes in the last week.  I think we are just 2-3 weeks away from the
big 10th anniversary stable release!  So please test this out and post
if you find any problems.

Here are the goods:

http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.23RC2.tar.bz2
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.23RC2-setup.exe
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.23RC2-win32.zip
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.23RC2-1.src.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.23RC2-1.i386.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.23RC2-1.x86_64.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/zenmap-4.23RC2-1.noarch.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.23RC2.tgz

And here are the changes since 4.23RC1:

<snip>

o The NSE shortport rules now allow for multiple matching states
  (e.g. open or open|filtered) to be specified. This silently failed
  before. [Eddie]

For some reason, this fix didn't make it to either of the Windows files
for this version (-setup.exe or -win32.zip file).  The shortport.lua
file in nselib/ is the same as RC1.  I double-checked the source file
(bz2), and it has the correct (updated) version.

Thomas