Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.23RC1 released

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:11:24 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fyodor" <fyodor () insecure org>
To: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Cc: <nmap-dev () insecure org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Nmap 4.23RC1 released

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 06:03:29AM -0600, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
On Nov 10, 2007 5:09 AM, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
Awesome!

Do you have a prospective release date for the stable, or just when it
feels right?

I hope to release 4.23RC2 this week.  Depending on how much help we
get in testing, bug fixing, and other stabilization work, I hope we
can do the big stable release in early December.  My biggest concerns
right now are Mac OS X, Windows Vista, and collecting more OS
fingerprints.

Regarding the Vista issue, I'm willing to help finding the problem (if the
issue is in WinPcap), but I need feedback from some of you. As I said in
another mail, I need to understand how to match the list ***INTERFACES***
with the list "DEV  WINDEVICE". From the output I've seen on the list, nmap
tries to open net0 while WINDEVICE lists only net2 and net3.

Have a nice day
GV

Cheers,
-F