Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Errors on Mac 10.5 with NSE

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:15:09 -0700

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 10:16:52AM -0600, MadHat Unspecific wrote:
If tis was already reported I apologize.  Just started a new job and I
am a bit behind.  Also, I don't have much time to debug but can gather
any information requested.

Fresh install of Mac OS X, 10.5.

SCRIPT ENGINE: Initiating script scanning.
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _luaL_openlib
   Referenced from: /usr/local/libexec/nmap/nse/bit.so
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _luaL_openlib
   Referenced from: /usr/local/libexec/nmap/nse/bit.so
   Expected in: flat namespace

Hi, can you (or someone else experiencing this problem) try something?
In Makefile.in, change the line that reads

        $(INSTALL) -c -m 755 -s nmap $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/nmap
        $(INSTALL) -c -m 755 nmap $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/nmap

(Remove the -s.) Then reconfigure and reinstall. Maybe the _luaL_openlib
symbol is being stripped by "install -s". See
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2007-01/msg00357.html.

David Fifield