Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: OpenSSH hpn detection

From: "Dario Ciccarone (dciccaro)" <dciccaro () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:17:08 -0400

No to be nit-picky, but :)

"for high-bandwidth, high-latency networks."

That isn't 100% true - check
http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/papers/i2mm-hpn-ssh.ppt .
As the BDP is calculated based on BW and RTT, higher RTTs would surely
mean higher BDP values and bigger buffers - but even in high bandwith,
low-latency networks you should see an improvement on the transfer rate.

Dario