Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: build warning: umit_py2exe: Version Info will not be included

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:26:34 -0600

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:51:26PM +0100, jah wrote:
I get this warning at cygywin shell when building on XPSP2:

warning: umit_py2exe: Version Info will not be included:
  could not parse version number '4.22SOC6'

Thanks for your report. This is a harmless warning, but thanks for
bringing it to our attention. py2exe is trying parse the version number
"4.22SOC6" into a sequence of integers so it can encode them into a
Windows resource. But it can't parse that version number, so the
resource doesn't get inserted. Unfortunately, it appears from a quick
look at the py2exe source code that other resource information, such as
the product name, don't get inserted just because the version number
fails (see py2exe.build_exe.py2exe.add_versioninfo). This won't be an
issue for the next big release, which will have a more easily parseable
version number.

David Fifield