Nmap Development mailing list archives

Error with traceroute

From: "NOCTECH noctech" <NOCTECH () adphila org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:36:12 -0400

Noticed the error while trying out Umit 0.9.4 out of subversion (for the
mapping feature), but can reproduce it in nmap 4.22SOC6 from command
line as well.

Essentially, whenever I run the command:

nmap -v -F -O -traceroute

with multiple destinations on my local network (haven't tried remote
sites) I get the following error:

nmap: traceroute.cc:939: void
Traceroute::addConsolidationMessage(NmapOutputTable*, short unsigned
int, short unsigned int): Assertion `ref_ipaddr.s_addr' failed.

Has anybody experienced this in the past, or can point me in the right
direction?  Happy to provide further information if it would help.

Sean