Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: implementing nmap in python

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:40:48 -0500

On 8/26/07, Julius Kuhn <> wrote:
Hello!

I am currently working on a python program. I mean its basically a shell and
im trying to use nmap to portscan a host. I just wanted to know if there is
an easy way to implement it other then os.system etc. otherwise i would have
to write my own portscanner. Thanks ..

greetz
Julius

I second João and suggest diving into Scapy
(http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/) instead of trying to reinvent
the wheel.

I am not a Python guru, so I've never been able to use Scapy for much,
but it seems like an awesome framework for packet-fu.

Hey, look, it even has an nmap fingerprinting feature built right in.

-Jason

--
NOTICE:  This email is being sent in clear-text across the public
Internet.  Therefore, any attempts to include unenforceable legalese