Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 4.22SOC5 Released

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:21:42 -0700

OK, so 4.22SOC3 was a brown paper bag release.  The key feature, Umit
for Windows, was MIA.  Well Kris and I have tracked down the problem
and also some other potential issues.  The fixes are in 4.22SOC5,
which I just posted.

Please give this a try, with a particular emphasis on testing Umit on
Windows and UNIX systems.  And then please remember to report your
results to nmap-dev.  Even if everything worked perfectly, we'd love
to hear your thoughts on Umit.

Note that the Unix tarball contains some extraneous crap in a
'win_dependencies' directory.  I'll remove that for the next release.

Here are the goods in the usual formats:

http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.22SOC5.tar.bz2
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.22SOC5-setup.exe
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.22SOC5-win32.zip
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.22SOC5-1.src.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.22SOC5-1.i386.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-frontend-4.22SOC5-1.i386.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.22SOC5-1.x86_64.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-frontend-4.22SOC5-1.x86_64.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.22SOC5.tgz

And here are the changes sine 4.22SOC3:

o The Windows installer should actually install UMIT properly now.

o Remove umit.db from the installation process.  Let Umit create a new
  one on its own when needed.

o Fixed the UMIT portion of the Windows installer build system to
  detect certain heinous errors (like not being able to find Python)
  and bail out. [Kris]

o Prevent scripts directory from containing .svn cruft when using the
  Win32 installer (thanks to David Fifield for the patch).

Cheers,
-F