Nmap Development mailing list archives

Compilation errors on AIX with gcc/g++

From: "chanakya chaudhary" <chanakyachaudhary () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 19:03:57 +0530

Hi

I have been struggling to compile nmap-4.20 on AIX-5.2/5.3. I initially used
compiling it with gcc/g++-4.0.0. But during make, there were errors where
route-bsd.c was facing errors like:

*route-bsd.c:469: error: too few arguments to function 'knlist'. *

I have no idea why it was trying to compile route-bsd.c. I edited Makefile
in libdnet-stripped/src and removed references to route-bsd.c but kept
route-none.c in place. The make procedure passed the above error but stuck
where it found syntax errors in ip.h and tcp.h:

*expected ';' before '.' token*

I was wondering, have anyone tried compiling nmap on aix with gcc/g++?

What should I do to get rid of these syntax errors?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Chanakya