Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.21alpha4 Issue?

From: "Brett Cunningham" <cssniper22 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:24:10 -0500

I should have read more carefully your output. Refer to: "Skipping SYN
Stealth Scan against 10.1.20.90 because Windows does not
support scanning your own machine (localhost) this way." Nmap does recognize
your local host and acts accordingly (by skipping your localhost). This does
not actually seem to be the problem.

I cannot seem to reproduce the errors. Could you please provide the exact
arguments, along with Nmap, Winpcap and Windows version. Lastly, the output
from 'ipconfig /all' could further assist in troubleshooting.