Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap problem

From: Wojciech Borzynski <wojtus1266 () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:19:52 +0100

Hello,I have some problems using the Nmap scanner, I am using Windows Vista Home Premium build 6.0 and Nmap, v.
4.2.0.7.When trying to scan any address, even scanme.nmap.org, a message about the host being offline shows.Starting
Nmap 4.20 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-06-17 23:03 GMT Daylight TimeNote: Host seems down. If it is really up, but
blocking our ping probes, try -P0Nmap finished: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 4.500 seconds               Raw
packets sent: 4 (136B) | Rcvd: 0 (0B)C:\Users\x\Desktop\New Folder>nmap -P0 scanme.nmap.orgStarting Nmap 4.20 (
http://insecure.org ) at 2007-06-17 23:04 GMT Daylight TimeAll 1697 scanned ports on scanme.nmap.org (205.217.153.62)
are filteredNmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 342.449 secondsI tried pinging the address from CMD, and
it works. Also, I tried scanning different addresses, and the same problem occured. While scanning, I had my router
firewall, system firewall, and anything that could possibly stop packets going out off.I really don't know what that
problem is, and will be very grateful if you find some time to help me. Thank you.