Nmap Development mailing list archives

Failed assertion

From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram () nc rr com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:15:45 -0400

Hi all,

Wanted to send this to the list.

I am running the latest SVN checkout of nmap on windows XP sp2, all patches,
upgrades, and service packs --> etc.

I issued the following standard command

nmap -sP 10.100.1.*

It started doing parallel DNS and all that.

Then I hit space bar once, read the status, and then hit space again for
status ... That output is below

***

Starting Nmap 4.21ALPHA5 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-05-18 17:10 Eastern
Daylight Time

Stats: 0:00:05 elapsed; 0 hosts completed (0 up), 0 undergoing ARP Ping Scan

Parallel DNS resolution of 28 hosts. Timing: About 45.45% done; ETC: 17:10
(0:00:04 remaining)

Stats: 0:00:11 elapsed; 0 hosts completed (0 up), 0 undergoing ARP Ping Scan

Parallel DNS resolution of 28 hosts. Timing: About 63.64% done; ETC: 17:10
(0:00:05 remaining)

***

Then I got the following in a windows dialog box with "retry" and "ignore"
and "abort", and then I got the "nmap has encountered a problem and needs to
close" dialog.

***

File: isctype.c

Line: 56