Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: issue with script header in SMTP_openrelay_test.nse

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:31:18 -0700

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 03:45:51PM -0300, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
This might not matter and it may have already been fixed in svn, but
the SMTP_openrelay_test.nse script has 'tags' instead of 'categories'
in its header.

Fixed in http://www.buanzo.com.ar/files/SMTP_openrelay_test.nse. Should I ask for SVN write privileges?

Thanks Jason, for the report, and Arturo for the patch.  I have
applied the patch to SVN, but I have concerns about the way it uses
addresses like relaytest () insecure org.  That could lead to a number of
problems.  For now I have changed ourdomain to "scanme.org" (a domain
I own but don't really use), but it would be better to use something
else.  Would example.org work here?  That domain actually has an A
record associated with it, though no MX.  Or maybe you have another
idea?  I have so far resisted the urge to just put something like
"microsoft.com" or "sco.com" there.

Cheers,
-F