Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap XML HowTo

From: "Joshua D. Abraham" <jabra () ccs neu edu>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 18:30:24 -0400

I agree. The main target is things that needs to be done irrespective
of the implementation in individual projects using different
languages.

Sounds great.

I'd love to see an XML parser that can take many XML files/scans for a certain host/network, and
generate some sort of histogram, something that can be useful for net and security admins when
trying to diagnose when/what caused a problem (for example, a compromised workstation now has a
certain tcp port open, and this happened three days ago, exactly at the same time that network usage
went kablooie, i'm just thinking out loud...).

Well, I think that there are tools that do this already, my
project PBNJ is one of them. It can take XML as input and track
the changes of a network over time.

http://pbnj.sf.net

Perhaps, I am misunderstanding what you mean.

Additionally, I think something that may be interesting is to
think about is how the traceroute data could be used. I have yet
to see anything related to that.

--
Joshua D. Abraham
Northeastern University