Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [SCRIPT] NetBIOS name and MAC query script

From: Brandon Enright <bmenrigh () ucsd edu>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 21:29:14 +0000

On Mon, 7 May 2007 14:14:36 -0700
Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
Hi Brandon.  The script looks great!  Diman and I both took a look at
it, and I successfully used it against my Nmap development XP box.  I
just checked it into Nmap SVN for the next release.

Cheers,
-F

Great.  This script is only 90% to where I want it though.

Eventually I'd like this script to to be able to update the MAC in the host
structure rather than simply print it in the NSE output.

I'm currently working on exposing some host information (MAC, hostname) to
NSE.  What I'm picturing is a function in nmaplib like
nmap.set_port_version() for host information instead. Something like
nmap.set_host_info().

If we ever add SNMP (something like http://luaforge.net/projects/luasnmp/)
it would be really nice to be able to change host information.  Adding
LuaSNMP is currently beyond my abilities though or I'd code up a PoC SNMP
based NSE script myself.

Brandon