Nmap Development mailing list archives

FW: NMap crash with -sU

From: "Orgle" <orgle () charter net>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 21:34:37 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Orgle [mailto:orgle () charter net]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 10:59 PM
To: 'Gianluca Varenni'
Subject: RE: NMap crash with -sU

Hi:

        I completely uninstalled ZoneAlarm (not just shut it down). Ran the
scan with the Intel NIC (onboard NIC), and it crashed again.

        After reinstalling ZoneAlarm, in the general tab, it's got Network
Monitor Driver in there, along with TCP/IP, QoS, Client for Microsoft
networks, & file & print sharing. So, the Zone Alarm binding must be hidden.
Tried it again, and with the Intel NIC, it crashed, with the 3Com running
(and with ZoneAlarm running) the scan went through.

John