Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Feature Request: --update (with script attached)

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:52:44 -0600

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

pciutils have a similar functionality, but implemented as a separate
script. I can't help but feel that this would be much better than
adding some ftp/http/whatnot capabilities to the nmap core.

I attached a script that updates the data files to the directory you
choose (or cwd). By coincidence, I wrote that Packet Storm script for
their /backend section exactly 2 months ago today :)

Hope y'all like it.

-Kris
#!/bin/sh
#
# By Kris Katterjohn 1/19/2007
#
# Download Nmap's data files from insecure.org
#
# Usage: nmap_update <destination dir>
#
# If the directory is omitted, the current working directory is used
#

# $FILELIST is the list of all the files to update

FILELIST="nmap-mac-prefixes
nmap-os-db
nmap-os-fingerprints
nmap-protocols