Nmap Development mailing list archives

R: [SCRIPT] NetBIOS name and MAC query script

From: "Speziale Daniele" <daniele.speziale () telecomitalia it>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:31:48 +0200

Thank you.
At all.

Daniele

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org [mailto:nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org] Per conto di Brandon Enright
Inviato: mercoledì 28 marzo 2007 4.33
A: DePriest, Jason R.
Cc: nmap-dev () insecure org; bmenrigh () ucsd edu
Oggetto: Re: [SCRIPT] NetBIOS name and MAC query script

Thank you, this was enough information to update the script (attached) to report the logged in username when NetBIOS
actually reports the info [1].

I don't know if this will work against Windows 9x/Me or not but it seems to work against 2k and XP boxes.  Please let
me know how it works.

Brandon

[1] NetBIOS doesn't seem to explicitly report computername vs domainname vs username etc.  Oftentimes it doesn't even
report the username.  This script is using a best-guess heuristic to determine the computername and username.  I think
I've got it all correct but more testing/review is in order.

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:07:14 -0600