Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP scan problems

From: Lord Doskias <lorddoskias () abv bg>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:41:18 +0200 (GMT+02:00)

I'm having some strange problems when I try to scan a machine. Nmap always replays that the host is down and I should
try using the -P0 option. Alas, no luck with this. I tried all possible scanning methods. I'm using windows xp sp2,
nmap 4.20 and winpcap 4.0 I'm having the same problem on my linux box ( connected to the same network). I think my ISP
is doing filtrating nmap packets. When I scan with the -P0 option nmap always reports that all ports are closed, even
for the scanme.nmap.org machine. But when I scan from an external machine it produces correct results. So what should I
try to do in order to avoid the ISP's firellwa/ids/nids ? Any ideas.

Regards