Nmap Development mailing list archives

Pretty printing nmap .oX output

From: "Thomas Munn" <symgryph () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:45:35 -0500

To make a long story short, I have modified the existing nmap.xsl file so
that it will print in COLOR like it does on the screen.  Also there is a
very useful utility, called "xalan" which will convert xml and .xsl files to
standalone html files.  Useful for audits.  What is below is the modified
nmap.xsl file.  Not sure if you want it, so I will wait before posting.  All
I did was to copy the 'screen' style to the print section.  I guess for most
printing, the default is fine, but for printing to pdf or color output, the
default style only yields monochrome output.  I wrote a faq on how I did
this at
http://www.packetstormsecurity.nl/papers/presentations/nmapxmlprettyprint.pdfThought
the list might be interested.  It took me a LONG time to figure out,
as the styles weren't documented, and I am NOT a programmer!

Might want to include the 'modified' on in the contrib directory, or perhaps
make mention of how to 'fix' the old style.

Thomas