Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Can't compile nmap v4.03 in Mac OS X 10.2.8

From: "Kurt Grutzmacher" <grutz () jingojango net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 04:45:45 -0800

On 12/23/06, Phillip Pi <ant () zimage com> wrote:

FYI. I can't compile v4.20 as well: http://pastebin.ca/289686

Delving deeper into google searches tells me that OSX 10.2.8 doesn't have
socklen_t defined correctly. Try this patch, it seems to compile and run
cleanly on my OSX 10.4.8 and linux 2.6 platforms but since I'm checking for
socklen_t to be defined it may have issues on other platforms (if it's
defined somewhere else that I've missed).

It's a patch against configure.ac so you may need to do an "autoconf" in the
nsock/src directory. Make should take care of this but you never know.