Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap doesn't compile on Solaris 9 with Sun Studio Pro

From: "Peter O'Gorman" <nmap-dev () mlists thewrittenword com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:55:58 +0900

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 09:07:00PM -0500, Leo Zhadanovsky wrote:

Where should I start in trying to fix this?

I am not sure what exactly is getting passed to ld that is causing it to
fail.

It is the whole makefile.dep thing in the top level Makefile.in, if
you remove the makefile.dep references and the target itself then you
should get better results.

We should have patches for more systems soon, there are also issues
with va_copy on hpux and irix. We are still working on the release
though.

Thanks,
Peter