Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Possible error message bug in nmap-4.11 on Gentoo

From: Ulises Cuñé <ulises2k () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:43:16 -0300

Slackware 10.2
Kernel 2.4.33.3

root@pentium:~# nmap -sL -p1-1024 192.168.1.4

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-10-12 14:46 ART
No ports specified -- If you really don't want to scan any ports use ping scan...
QUITTING!

root@pentium:~# nmap -sP -p1-1024 192.168.1.4

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-10-12 14:47 ART

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-10-12 14:49 ART
No ports specified -- If you really don't want to scan any ports use ping scan...
QUITTING!
root@pentium:~#

root@pentium:~# nmap -sL -p 1-1024 192.168.1.4

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-10-12 14:49 ART
No ports specified -- If you really don't want to scan any ports use ping scan...
QUITTING!
root@pentium:~#

Is OK!! -sS
root@pentium:~# nmap -sS -p 1-1024 192.168.1.4

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-10-12 14:49 ART
Interesting ports on public-it.no-ip.info (192.168.1.4):
Not shown: 1017 closed ports
PORT    STATE SERVICE
21/tcp  open  ftp
22/tcp  open  ssh
25/tcp  open  smtp
53/tcp  open  domain
80/tcp  open  http
110/tcp open  pop3
587/tcp open  submission

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 4.731 seconds
root@pentium:~#