Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 4.20!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 20:19:00 -0800

Hi Everyone,

I just posted the binaries for 4.20!  Woohoo!  This is the first
"stable" release in almost 6 months, and contains tons of important
changes over 4.11.  But I think you guys are well familiar with those.

Please give it a try in the next few hours if you can.  Unless I hear
about important problems, I'll release it to the nmap-hackers later
tonight or tomorrow morning.  That posting will include a summary of
changes, stupid pot smoking jokes, etc.

You can find the goods at:

http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.20.tar.bz2
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.20-setup.exe
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.20-win32.zip
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.20-1.src.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.20-1.i386.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-frontend-4.20-1.i386.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.20-1.x86_64.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-frontend-4.20-1.x86_64.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.20.tgz

And here are the changes since RC2:

o Integrated the latest OS fingerprint submissions.  The 2nd
  generation DB size has grown to 231 fingerprints.  Please keep them
  coming!  New fingerprints include Mac OS X Server 10.5 pre-release,
  NetBSD 4.99.4, Windows NT, and much more.

o Fixed a segmentation fault in the new OS detection system
  which was reported by Craig Humphrey and Sebastian Garcia.

o Fixed a TCP sequence prediction difficulty indicator bug. The index
  is supposed to go from 0 ("trivial joke") to about 260 (OpenBSD).
  But some systems generated ISNs so insecurely that Nmap went
  berserk and reported a negative difficulty index.  This generally
  only affects some printers, crappy cable modems, and Microsoft
  Windows (old versions).  Thanks to Sebastian Garcia for helping me
  track down the problem.

Enjoy!
Fyodor