Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Application Name Ideas?

From: "Coveney, Dan" <dan.coveney () eds com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:12:02 -0500

Ncartographer

-----Original Message-----
From: nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org
[mailto:nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org] On Behalf Of Eddie Bell
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:12 PM
To: stripe dog
Cc: nmap-dev
Subject: Re: Application Name Ideas?

this is a pretty obvious suggestion but how about nmapper, because it
maps nmap scans :p

 - ejlb

On 12/07/06, stripe dog <stripedog () gmail com> wrote:
Hey all!

Lend a hand to a fellow coder and help him find a name for his
application!

 For a while its working name was PrettyMap, but I decided to drop
such a sissy moniker before it became permanent! This is a program
calling out for a name that is dramatic/descriptive/cool! We can't let
it down!

 Screen shots from the program's first baby steps can be found here:
 http://barney.gonzaga.edu/~cnevins/nmap/screenshots.htm

 Later, I added icon support (varying icons depending on OS and device

type), which can be seen here:
http://barney.gonzaga.edu/~cnevins/nmap/screenshots2.htm

Help me, and post your name suggestions!

Thanks!
-Cole