Nmap Development mailing list archives

Beta of nmap-cgi

From: "Julien Delange" <julien.delange () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 20:58:31 +0200

Hi everybody,

I will make a beta-test for the nmap-cgi system. This system is a web
platform that allow people to perform scan through a web-app. Actually, it
is possible to make single scans. The beta will be available only for some
users and will not be open. More, targets will be restricted. There is a
short FAQ to know how I will proceed.

1. Why a beta test ?
------------------------------
This frst beta will be useful to find and fix most of bugs. So, few users
will have an access to the app. After the first beta, another one with more
people will be opened.

2. How to get an account ?
---------------------------------------
Send a mail to julien.delange () gmail com with username, mail and password.
When the beta will be up, you will get a mail with the details.

3. Which hosts can I scan ?
Only scanme.insecure.org will be allowed in this first beta. More hosts will
be available after fixing first bugs.

4. How to report a bug ?
-----------------------------------
To report a bug, send me a mail with details. Please send a report with at
least the following informations :
- Bug summary
- More details
- Your configuration (browser, ...)
- If you can, you can send screenshots

5. When the beta will be up ?
Probably in one or two days.

6. Can I install the same system ?
Yes. When the beta will be up, an archive will be available with the sources
and instructions to install it.

7. What **should** work ?
 o Scan
 o Receive scan results by mail
 o See scan results through the web interface

8. What does not work ?
o Periodic scans
o Compare two scans

Thanks in advance !