Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.20ALPHA7: Thrice the OS detection signatures!

From: GomoR <nmap-hackers () gomor org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:49:04 +0200

Fyodor writes:

Hi Everyone.  Thanks for heeding my call for more OS detection
submissions.  We received about a hundred, which allowed me to more
than triple the number of signatures from 12 to 42.  In DB size, this
puts us between the latest version of Synscan (0.1) with 25 signatures
and the latest Xprobe2 (0.3) with 224.  And we're not even close to
the Nmap gen1 OS DB size of 1,684 signatures.

And just for completeness, SinFP has a little more than 100 signatures.

Best regards.