Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap help

From: KarMax <karmax () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 00:57:03 +0000

On 9/8/06, Jennifer Chan <jennifer.chan () shiftnetworks com> wrote:
I am trying to use nmap so that I can discover our entire network right now.
I have been using the router IPs as well as the WAN IPs of each terminating
device.
"# nmap -sL -P0 172.16.10.113 172.16.10.105

Ok... from the nmap man page:
-sL: List Scan - simply list targets to scan

EXAMPLES:
  nmap -v -sP 192.168.0.0/16 10.0.0.0/8
SEE THE MAN PAGE FOR MANY MORE OPTIONS, DESCRIPTIONS, AND EXAMPLES

Or just go and read the docs
http://insecure.org/nmap/docs.html

I was also told that nmap can be used to discover new and interesting
devices that are connected to our network. How do you do that without
providing any IPs to it?

-iR <num hosts>: Choose random targets
nmap -v -iR 10000 -P0 -p 80
This will random scan hosts.