Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 scanning

From: R D Smith <smith1rd () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:17:13 -0400

If you are using a link local IPv6 address, it is.  The work-around
is to assign global addresses to the nmap machine and the target (if
you have control).

HTH
-- --
R D Smith
echo "nhdoc,m_;bh\dg)^jh" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)+5)/ge'

I recently attempted an IPv6 scan on one of my hosts and had a
problem.
Here's the scan I used:

nmap -6 -p 22 -v [IPv6 Address]

Starting Nmap 4.20ALPHA4-LUA ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at
2006-08-03
07:44 PDT
Strange read error from [IPv6 Address]: Transport endpoint is not
connected
Strange read error from [IPv6 Address]: Transport endpoint is not
connected
Strange read error from [IPv6 Address]: Transport endpoint is not
connected
Strange read error from [IPv6 Address]: Transport endpoint is not
connected
Strange read error from [IPv6 Address]: Transport endpoint is not
connected
Strange read error from [IPv6 Address]: Transport endpoint is not
connected
Strange read error from [IPv6 Address]: Transport endpoint is not
connected
Strange read error from [IPv6 Address]: Transport endpoint is not
connected

It would continue printing that last line until I killed it. Is
this a known
bug?

Thanks,
Suicidal Bob