Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [SoC Patch] host and port state reasons - new and improved

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:35:51 +0200

the reason patch with localhost ping bug fixed

- eddie

On 22/06/06, Eddie Bell <ejlbell () gmail com> wrote:

hey alex,

I thought I had fixed that bug but I just tried it on localhost and I get
the same result. Although if I try it on my ethernet interface it works. I
believe it is because nmap does not send a ping to the host it is scanning
from, it just assumes it is automatically up. Ill take another look and see
if I can fix it

thanks
 - eddie