Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap scanning problem( possible filtration)

From: Aaron Bedra <abedra () westervillelibrary org>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:57:11 -0400

Lord Doskias,

Three questions....

1) what version of nmap are you running?
2) have you disabled ping with the -P0 option?
3) what OS are you using?

If you are at the latest stable version (4.03) and you have disabled pings,
try doing and XMAS scan or a null scan to see if it is dropped.  (sN && sX
respectively).

Hope this helps,

Aaron J. Bedra