Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Comments on OS detection 2nd generation (soft fingerprinting)

From: "Joshua D. Abraham" <jabra () ccs neu edu>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:39:33 -0400

On 27.May.2006 12:50AM -0700, Fyodor wrote:

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 12:40:23AM -0400, Joshua D. Abraham wrote:

What I was suggesting is that the user may want to verify the
version detection and sometimes the banner is a useful way of
doing so.

Another good way is the --version-trace option, which shows the data
sent and received in real time.  For example:

syn~>nmap -sV --version-trace -p22 scanme.nmap.org

Very cool I don't think i knew about this option. However, if
there a way to easily extract it like in xml format? I don't see
it being stored? As I wrote before to easily extract this
information from xml should be a simple perl script.

--
Joshua D. Abraham
Northeastern University