Nmap Development mailing list archives

Dise- Distributed Idle Scanning Engine

From: ri0t <ri0t () ri0tnet net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:27:37 +0000

After reading fyodor's paper on idle scans i began thinking of a situation in
wich an attacker could futher cloak themselves by utilizing a list of
multiple zombies from all over the internet and scanning one port at a time
from each zombie effectively making the scans come from everywhere.  Being
that doing this by hand would be very tedious some scripting would obviously
be needed this brought about the idea of a Distributed Idle Scanning Engine.

Dise- The Distributed Idle Scanning Engine was written to make the proccess of
idle scanning both more clandestine and and at the same time make the act of
finding suitable zombies more user friendly.  Dise is simple a wrapper
program written in perl that utilizes nmap's idle scanning capability and
marries this with hping2's ability to create raw packets to allow the user to
both scan large ip ranges for suitable zombies and then use those found
zombie host to idle scan a target in a distributed fashion.

I am submiting this to the nmap-dev list because i found the topic very
interesting while working on this tool and thought since it uses nmap sombody
else my also find it interesting and take this topic in a direction not
previously considered by the authors ferralis () mummersguild com and
ri0t () ri0tnet net.

Dise can be downloaded from the following link
http://www.ri0tnet.net/dise-00.02.12b.tar.gz

all credit should go to the creators and maintainers of both nmap and hping
without thier code none of my stuff would work :) thanks guys

ri0t