Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap 4.03 compile error on mac os x 10.4.6

From: jmzhou.ml () gmail com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I get a compile error on mac os x 10.4.6. The configure option is
--enable-shared=yes --enable-static=no. The first error is like
the following:

g++ -Lnbase -Lnsock/src/  -o nmap main.o nmap.o targets.o tcpip.o nmap_error.o utils.o idle_scan.o osscan.o output.o
scan_engine.o timing.o charpool.o services.o protocols.o nmap_rpc.o portlist.o NmapOps.o TargetGroup.o Target.o
FingerPrintResults.o service_scan.o NmapOutputTable.o MACLookup.o nmap_tty.o nmap_dns.o  -lnbase -lnsock -lpcre -lpcap
-lssl -lcrypto libdnet-stripped/src/.libs/libdnet.a -lm
powerpc-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.0: libdnet-stripped/src/.libs/libdnet.a: No such file or directory

I check the the directory libdnet-stripped/src/.libs/ and find that
the library there is libdnet.dylib, not libdnet.a. I'd suggest not
to hard code the library name in the Makefile.

Regards,

Jimmy