Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NetDisplay

From: KarMax <karmax () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:37:22 -0300

On 4/26/06, Ole Morten Grodås <grodaas () gmail com> wrote:
My goal is to make NetDisplay the best tool for "normal" scanning. The focus
is to make it easy and intuitive to start scans and interpret the results.
When NetDisplay does this well I can move on and add more advanced features
like report generation, filtering and search functionality.

Here is a prioritize list of what I want to implement in NetDisplay:

1. Support for Nmap's run time interaction. Especially a progress bar that
tells the estimated time to finish.
2. Right clicking on hosts gives an alternative to open with: ssh, telnet,
ftp ,samba …
3. "Traditional mode"  (like NmapFE and WiNmap) for creating Nmap commands.
4. Color highlighting of Nmap output
5. Binaries for other platforms
6. Documentation and help
7. Filter results, similar to ethereal filtering.
8. Report generation
9. Search in results.

Maybe you can improve the actual nmap terminal output.

IMO with all the coders that want a supercalifragilistic-fancy XML
output maybe this NetDisplay tool, can be replaced with some scripting
or playing with xml on some web FE...

Take a look at this email, maybe it helps you.
http://seclists.org/lists/nmap-dev/2006/Apr-Jun/0118.html

Good luck

--
Gonzalo Martinez