Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] winfix.cc + tty.cc

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 01:27:40 -0800

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 06:30:05PM +0100, Gisle Vanem wrote:
* winfix.cc - does not compile with gcc due to use of SEH
 (I'm using MingW)
* tty.cc - use _kbhit() to detect keypresses.

Sadly, I wasn't able to get the _kbhit() change working today when I
compiled with Visual Studio.  Maybe it only works when compiled with
MingW, or maybe only on some systems.  I was using a Windows XP SP2
box running under VMware.  What happened is that one keystroke starts
a stream of responses.  I think the keyWasPressed() function on
Windows needs to be longer, to be more inline with how it works on
UNIX (see the second keyWasPressed() function in tty.cc).  Anyone able
to take a look at this and find a fix?  I'm disabling the _kbhit()
stuff for now, but would like to get runtime interaction working in
time for 4.0.  And there are only a few more days in which I'd be
willing to make such a (kinda scary) change.

Cheers,
Fyodor