Nmap Development mailing list archives

FC4 compilation issue

From: Will Cladek <william.cladek () nrl navy mil>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:36:39 -0800

I am attempting to compile the nmap source code on a Fedora Core 4 machine.
I was able to do so successfully up until recently, when the sys admin
grabbed the most recent updates which supposedly included an update to gcc.
Now, when I try to compile, I get a series of error messages that are
triggered by:

g++ -Llibpcap  -Lnbase -Lnsock/src/  -o nmap main.o nmap.o targets.o tcpip.o
nmap_error.o utils.o idle_scan.o osscan.o output.o scan_engine.o timing.o
charpool.o services.o protocols.o nmap_rpc.o portlist.o NmapOps.o
TargetGroup.o Target.o FingerPrintResults.o service_scan.o NmapOutputTable.o
MACLookup.o tty.o nmap_dns.o  -lnbase -lnsock libpcre/libpcre.a -lpcap -lssl
-lcrypto libdnet-stripped/src/.libs/libdnet.a -lm
nmap.o(.rodata+0x17c): undefined reference to
`__gthrw_pthread_cancel(unsigned long)'

The version of gcc I'm using is version 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8),
and I have tried this with both versions 3.95 and 3.96 Beta 3, with each
producing the same error when trying to compile.  Has anyone else
experienced this issue?

-Will