Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSA tracking open source security tools

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 19:05:27 -0800

On February 4, 2006 06:16 pm, Alan Jones wrote:
Sure they can't leave their classified info up on the screens for all
the world to see, but how/why did the NSA end up putting up info on a
bunch of open source projects.

It just seemed funny.

This whole thread is funny.
I imagine they just thought that Talisker's (hi Andy) cool status
display would look good in the photo. It did...

He happens to track some utility version on it.
What I find funny is how much discussion Andy's
choice of information displays (nee NSA) has sparked.

I'm sure the other real uses for that screen are less photogenic.
Unfortunately real network stats and info rarely live
up to holywood glitz standards.

Nice display screen tho...

cheers,
--dr

P.s. I have to remember to leave that screen up on a
display next time I want to impress lay-person visitors
with high tech smoke and mirrors when they come to
my office :-)

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
London, U.K.    February 20/21 2006     http://eusecwest.com