Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: DragonFly patches

From: joerg () britannica bec de
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 03:54:31 +0100

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 06:27:10PM -0800, Fyodor wrote:
Thanks, I have applied your "*-dragonfly*" changes for the next
version (except that I patched the configure.ac files rather than the
generated configure).  I'm not sure what exactly is needed for the
-lcrypto change.  If you send me a patch to nbase/configure.ac which
resolves the issue on dragonflybsd without breaking other platforms,
I'd be happy to apply it.

I'll discuss this further with Lubomir.  Technically, -lcrypto is a hard
dependency of many OpenSSL versions, since it directly requires symbols
from it.  At least on DragonFly, it is protected by the earlier test
though, so not strictly necessary their.

I haven't heard of the /dev/bpf problem you mention.

I'm normally building binary packages in jail, which doesn't have e.g.
bpf devices by default.  Relaying on the existence of the device now
creates the absurd situation that the code compiles fine which a hint of
the problem, but doesn't work outside.  This problem is not specific to
nmap, it seems to originate in libpcap itself, but it would still be
nice to fix this.

Joerg